Monday, August 3, 2009

I Hate iphones!!!! OMG, VENT!

every time someone takes one out the room instantly fills up with conversations of new applications, and annoying beeps, clicks, sound effects and techno speak that can interrupt even the most profound conversation between two human beings.......

Suddenly the break rooms are all filled with the sound of people playing games, checking their email, and looking up MORE APPS!!! for haven's sake how many application do you need on your phone?!?!

There's applications for EVERYTHING!!!! I bet if you looked hard enough you could find a application to check the temperature of your snot in your nose and compare it to the temperature of some 19 year old computer geek in Japan after he's drank a cup of lukewarm chai tea.....

worst still...I'm seeing the trend of iphone time spreading.....before you could go into a Starbucks and hear people talking...now not all of it was intelligent conversation...but it was conversation....now coffee houses are silent and people are huddled over iphones, watching some random clip of Lindsey Lohan with a skirt that is showing her pale ass or playing YET ANOTHER MINDLESS GAME.....

Do I hate technology...no....no I don't. I hate the effect its having on people to converse and have a normal interaction with another human being without the aid of a electronic device. Seems everyone is plugged into these things, and if you refuse to plug into the iUniverse with everyone else, you're out of the loop...

I recently went to go see Watchmen in the theater....I was the first one in line...waiting for the theater to be cleaned so we could go find seats...I looked down the line...I saw over half the line with iphones out, not speaking to anyone around them.....kinda sad really, cause I noticed one girl, dressed to kill, clearly with her boyfriend, and looking excited to be with him, until he flipped out his iphone and began playing something...she looked sad, excused herself, got out of line and left. the guy didnt even notice her leaving.....

Feh...sorry....just venting a bit I guess.....

and I really am getting tired of hearing the phrase "Have you seen the new app for the iphone yet?" I'm not saying the iphones aren't useful either..but geez people....UNHOOK ONCE IN A WHILE.... and not all people are complete robots to them...just...I'm noticing the trend...

Gah. if I have to hear that one more time I'm gonna scream...

No comments: