Monday, August 3, 2009

"Up" Review. Such a Sweet Movie!!!!

ok...so where do I start?

let's start from the short before the movie, it's called "Partly Cloudy."

okay....five words.

BABY. RAM. IS. SO. CUTE!

moving on....

Up is a movie that makes you believe anything is possible...Pixar delivered a true jewel to the theaters with this one. 

The movie opens up with Carl and the love of his life, Ellie. The first part is a tribute to a strong love story, that made my heart melt. It was the picture perfect example of true love and good solid story telling...

From there we move on and are introduced, by a series of comical moments, to Russell and Dug....Dug is the talking dog you see in the previews.....and Kevin......Kevin is my favorite. If you haven't seen the movie yet, well you'll understand why once you see it....

All I can tell you is this....

The movie wraps itself around your heart and never lets go.  I could not believe when the lights went up in the theater that I had only been sitting there for less then two hours. I felt that I had lived a lifetime with Carl....only to look around in bewilderment at the theater. 

Why is Carl such a wonderful character?  Its because he reminds you that the only limits you have are the ones you give yourself.  

Russell plays the idealist in the story, believing everything is simple...he's a young kid with his heart in the right place.

Dug....I suppose you can look at Dug as the loyal one, who is willing to "just do it." and face things as they come...

and Kevin....well...Kevin is Kevin..........

If I try to explain this movie...I'm going to fall short. All I can tell you is my heart was touched by this movie and I enjoyed every second of it.....Pixar has outdone themselves again.....I think this could very well outlast Disney and Pixar's favorite gem, Finding Nemo......

Oh yes...Up is on its way into box office history.....and it deserves it.....

2 comments:

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

I truly loved this movie, too. Did you notice that on his sash where he had a space for one more badge was the space right over his heart? Yes, I loved the little mailman who smelled like chocolate.

Great review.

Gauche said...

lol. yeah, I noticed and loved this movie as well.